Search My Blog

10/6/09

Day 1: HSH Interior Renovation Update

The interior renovations officially began When I returned from Atlanta, I was there monday and most of yesterday, the H and A guys installed the floor vents in the master bedroom, John's office, the 'Gone With The Wind' room and bathroom. They left at 5pm, a half an hour before I got home from Atlanta. The work went well, it is quality, and we will have HEAT this winter!!!..No more sleeping and freezing under the covers in 20 degree temperatures!.. For a few days in December of last year or was it January of this year, I don't remember, it got so cold here, that the temperatures dropped into the teens for I think 2-3 nights. We had a couple of space heaters, sleeping on an air bed, with tons of covers but we were still cold and shivering. The ceiling in John's office are 12 foot, so the heaters did no good unless it was right next to you. The first night we toughed it out. The second night, I said, we are staying in a hotel room, I cannot take this cold. The house has no insulation but it is solid construction. Houses are not made this way anymore. The wood is so hard it is like rock. Sleeping in those cold of temperatures makes you really appreciate central heating which is what this house is getting, along with central air conditioning, 136 years after it was built! So...the work continues. Keep reading for daily or weekly updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers of: My Life in Dublin, GA USA