Search My Blog

10/17/09

Cold Day in Dublin, GA


We slept in layers last night as the temperatures dipped into the 40s for the first time this season. The bed was layered heavily with flannel sheets, a duvet, quilt and a heavy denim/down comforter. I tried to stay in bed as much as possible throughout the night. Just getting out of bed to go the bathroom reminded me that cold nights are coming.
It is supposed to get even colder tonight with temperatures dropping into the 30s. John brought out the space heaters so we will be firing those up tonight to stay warm. By next weekend, we should have central heat, not space heaters to keep us warm. No more nomadic living!
As I was getting ready for the day, I heard a high pitched squeaky noise coming towards the master bedroom. John came in the room to show me that he had found a baby squirrel who was nesting in the fake chimney in the kitchen area. He was cleaning out the chimney and all sorts of stuff came out onto the floor along with the baby squirrel too. It is almost full grown but its eyes are not open yet. I did two videos of the event, which I cannot figure out how to post because I have Win XP on my PC and the blogger cannot communicate videos in that format even if I compress the file. So we are not sure what to do with the baby squirrel. The mother squirrel was not there. We may take it to the vet and have them look after it and then have them release it into the wild.
Later today, the weather remined cloudy, rainy and quite chilly. It is only 54 degrees but it felt like the 40s. Earlier today, John worked on salvaging the old wood that came out of his office by sawing the pieces into usable units. Went shopping for lighting fixtures in Warner Robins. Because we want the fixtures to depict uniqueness and reflect the Victorian era, the search continues. This is a one shot deal. It is important that our selections reflect the personality of the HSH as much as possible with a modern touch.
The baby squirrel that John found earlier today is curled up in a bath towel in the bathroom to keep warm. I hope the little guy makes it through the night. Going to be sleeping in my flannel pajamas tonight. Oh warm!!!
No more entries to my blog until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers of: My Life in Dublin, GA USA