Search My Blog

10/11/09

Georgia National Fair- 2009




John and I took a break from the HSH restoration and decided to spend a day at the Georgia State Fair in Perry, GA. This year is the 20th anniversary of the fair. It is located off I-75, south of Macon. It is the largest fair in Georgia. The is the largest fair I have ever been to. We got there around 11:15am to watch the horse show, then we took in 3 rides, went to watch some more of the horse show and then we drove back to Dublin. We left the state fair around 6pm. It was a warm, sunny, almost clear day. I got a little sun. The EMS took some older lady past us who probably had heat exhaustion. Alot of walking. The food and rides were expensive. We also checked out some of the vendors inside some of the buildings on the grounds. I bought a Georgia National Fair pin..I am a pin collector and some click clacks. Going to the fair is one of those events I had to attend in order to confirm I now live in the 'deep south'. A few pictures to share from the fair today. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers of: My Life in Dublin, GA USA