Search My Blog

10/15/09

Day 7: HSH Interior Renovation Update





Very light work was done yesterday bc it rained all day. The bathroom door to the toilet/vanity area was installed and some trimwork completed. The rest of the crew could not work in the rain.
It was business as usual today though. The electricians completed the wiring in John's office today so his office work would not be disrupted. John likes to keep a very neat office when he is working. In fact, he had just recently did a major cleaning in there only to have it destroyed by the 'wrecking crew' today. Poor Max, John's dog, had to stay in the GWTW room, amongst all my stuff to keep out of the workers way. Lady, my dog, was free to roam around bc she always stays next to me. No chance in her running off like Max, the escape artist likes to do.
Dublin had a pretty bad rain/lightning storm this evening which caused me to loose my internet and wifi connection. I was researching and shopping for new lighting fixtures for the house. John did some painting upstairs this evening. The guest bedroom that John completed is now torn up from having the baseboards removed for wiring. The breezeway and backpart of the house will be routed for wiring as soon the last room in the front part of the house, the masterbedroom, is wired, tomorrow. I told the guys, no work will begin until after 10am! John does not have to work tomorrow. Yippie!..I have the flannel sheets on the bed so we will be toasty warm.
During the wiring of John's office today, with the baseboards off, I discovered beautiful cranberry and pink floral linen wallpaper hidden behind it along with many decades of 'crud' that had to be vacuumed out before the baseboards were put back up. Maybe that might explain why John's office stunk, not just the dog smells. Some pictures from today's work. Keep checking back for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers of: My Life in Dublin, GA USA