Search My Blog

10/27/09

Day 15: HSH Interior Renovation Update


It is a cloudy, rainy, dark day in Dublin today. The rain has been falling all day. No workers came to perform any work. John got back from Atlanta late last night safe and sound. We ran some errands and I picked some more pecans. I picked 25 of them off a tree in about 2 minutes. They are close to just dropping on the ground by themselves. If the rain stops before it gets dark, I will go back over to that tree and get some more to fill my pockets with. Dad used to say, 'Money does not grow on trees'. I now dispute that fact. No pecan trees grow in Indiana. The trees would not survive the winters there.
Check out one of the pecans in the picture I picked up that has white meat sticking out. Those nuts were so big they were beginning to bust out of their inner shells. I picked all of these off that tree I plan to go back to once the rain stops. I was able to pluck them out of their outer shells extremely easily.
John came back from Atlanta. Got alot of work done. We plan to go over some pictures of lighting later today. As the plumbers were drilling yesterday, my Tybee Island Turtle fell off its shelf and broke. I discovered it last night before bed. I also had a glass casing full of pretty shells with about 3 small delicate sand dollars inside that I found on the beach in Siesta Key, FL in 1996, that fell off the shelf and crumbled. Not happy at all!
So I am just hanging out, trying to keep the few mosquitoes from biting me. I wish they would just die off. We have not had our first freeze yet. When we do, that will be the end of them for this season. Drove past the Garrett house today and they just put up their Christmas tree with beautiful white lights. A little early to be thinking about Christmas. Well, Thanksgiving is less than a month away! I think the weather will improve tomorrow for the workers. Looks like no tuesday night tennis. I have gone two weeks without picking up a racket. Last tuesday could not play because of all the stuff going on with the house and today, rain, rain, rain!!
Enjoy my blog and keep checking back for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers of: My Life in Dublin, GA USA