Search My Blog

10/22/09

Day 12: HSH Interior Renovation Update

This is my dog, Lady, all happy and smily before she went on her journey of downtown Dublin with me. After our walk, she zonked out on the bed and slept for awhile. She is about 13 years old and very active for her age.
When I go back to Indiana and wear my 'Follow Me To The Pig', t-shirt, this means follow me to the Piggy Wiggly. When you see Piggly Wiggly stores, you know you are in the south. I remember seeing alot of these stores in the 70's but very few remain today with all the competition out there.
Me and my 'bodyguard', Max.
I believe this is the Garrett House.
The old library, now a private residence.
Cute carpenter gothic style homes on Bellevue.

Did not know, Cacti grew here...Especially that kind!. Notice the sign to the left of the plant.
Now, I can tell all my friends back in Indiana why getting lost in a town with 17k people is easy to do! Bring your GPS with you, you may need it!

Where are the mules, where can I get one? Darn it!..Snowdrift!, interesting word for a town that has NEVER seen a REAL SNOWSTORM with real snowdrifts several feet high! Come to Indiana in January and maybe you will experience it!
A sunny and warm day with a few puffy clouds in Dublin today. Couldn't ask for a more beautiful day. The plumber did not make it today to the work he needs to do. The electricians installed all the lighting fixtures and the majority of the outlets in the front part of the house...Done!!...The back part of the house will be next. The masterbedroom base/floor boards are in except a couple of small areas where electrical is not needed. The finishing work on the bathroom is at a standstill because we are waiting for the plumber. The heating and air conditioning work continues. The front part of the house is just about done. We will have central air and heat soon!!..Yeah..
Tomorrow, the electricians will come with an inspector or sometime in the next few days to make sure everything is ready to go and the lights can be switched on...FINALLY!!!...Seeing this house come alive once again with lights turned on in every room will be magic. John is hard at work doing the trimwork in the front part of the house and cutting any left over wood to be used for future projects. He is very good at carpentry. I just watch him work. Anything electrical with a blade attached to it, I stay away from.
As the electricians were working with John to complete the trimwork in the masterbedroom, I decided to take Lady, my dog, on a LONG walk around downtown Dublin with my digital camera. During my walk, I took pictures of murials, the confusing signage in downtown Dublin to send back to my friends in Indiana, the other carpenter gothic style homes and antebellum/victorian homes on Bellevue ave then back to the house. Poor Lady, she was so pooped, she just nearly collapsed and fell asleep. She loves to go on walks.
So, that is all that went on today. A few pictures from today. Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers of: My Life in Dublin, GA USA