Search My Blog

10/26/09

Day 14: HSH Interior Renovation Update





It is a cool, cloudy day in Dublin today. The plumbers came and did their basic installation. The hot water heater, washer/dryer, shower and sink lines are about completed. The line for the tub was not done because John wants the tub under the window. There is about a foot from where the tub is in relation to the ac/heater vent is now. I told the guys to not do any work on the tub area until tomorrow. The heating and air guys are continuing their work. They have about another two weeks of work left. The first picture, top left, is the connection for the sink, the second picture, 2nd from left, is the hot water heater and washer connections and the last picture (with the dog water bowl) is for the SHOWER connection!! Took Max, John's dog, on his usual walk to Stubbs Park. I found two black and white pitbull mix pups, about 6-8 weeks old, abandoned, under the white gazebo there.
I called 911 and they instructed me to call animal control. They took the message instead. I waited about an hour and no one showed up so I took them to the Laurens County Humane Society. Those little puppies were not there yesterday, so I think someone dumped them there within the last 24 hours. They looked like they were in good health but hungry and thirsty. I hope these puppies are placed in wonderful homes. They have such a sweet disposition and shame on the individual(s) for dumping these poor, defenseless animals that may not be old enough to be weaned off their mother. I played and loved them for a little while before I had to take them to the humane society to be placed up for adoption. Another good deed accomplished so I feel better about today.
Not much else to report today. All quiet on the southern front for the most part.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers of: My Life in Dublin, GA USA