Search My Blog

10/24/09

Cleaning Day at the HSH and almost Pecan Picking Time



Beautiful, sunny day in Dublin, GA. Cooler than yesterday. It is about 70 degrees right now. Spent the entire day cleaning, vacuuming and dusting the masterbedroom and bathroom, going over some renovation stuff with John and just hanging out with our dogs.
John did some painting and puttying in the front hall and is resuming the ardious task of cleaning out the back part of the house that we are now using for storage. Will, the rebath guy, brought over a bathroom tile sample today and laid it on the front porch. It is not what we want. I know exactly what we want it is a matter of finding them, however long it takes. John is dead set on the tile and won't waiver from it.
The pecans are starting to pop open from their shells and the leaves will begin to fall from the trees soon. When the leaves fall, then it will be time to harvest the pecans. There are many different varieties of pecans. The bunch John is holding in the picture above is what has fallen in our yard so far. This is what unshelled, ready to pick pecans look like. When you crack them open, the meat inside is fresh and delicious. I will get to use my little pecan picker upper I got for my birthday. John saw some poor black man starting to pick them up today. If the shell is still green they are not ready. Maybe we will get a little cash from it.
The day is winding down, I am hungry, so is my dog, John and Max. All is quiet for the most part here today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers of: My Life in Dublin, GA USA