Search My Blog

9/12/09

Visiting with a Gypsy Vanner Horse

I slept well last night. No bats...Although Max, John's dog, woke me up around 9:30 or 10am..He has certain barks for certain things and I am beginning to recognize them much better now. As I came out of the bedroom to take Lady, my dog, for a walk, John said, 'Lizzy, come here you need to see this'...So I walk over into the breezeway, and I see a Gypsy Vanner horse attached to a black buggy walking through the side street near the house to promote the 'Wizard of Oz' play put on by a local production group. I thought, cool. I need to go over to Farmers Market area and take a picture of it up close. I drove over there on my way to my Walmart run with Lady, my barking dog, in the backseat. Lady hates horses. Below are the pictures I captured.



The owners of the horse and buggy own SajeWinds Plantation in Montrose, GA. Their home reminds me of Tara in 'Gone With The Wind', John's favorite movie. The home was built in 1842, 168 years ago!. Great setting for weddings and take a carriage ride for wedding proposals..John, are you reading this?..I will find the best wedding hoop skirt dress just for you :)...They have a website: http://www.sajewindsplantation.com/  which I plan to check out. Speaking of horses, John and I are going to visit a miniature horse farm I believe located in East Dublin either today or tomorrow. John asked me, would you like to own horses again? I said, I never owned a horse but grew up with about 20 of them through high school. Maybe a miniature or two would be nice. Time to go. Enjoy the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers of: My Life in Dublin, GA USA