Search My Blog

9/11/09

Another day in Dublin, GA

Rain early today. It was partly cloudy, hot and humid most of the day.  Check out the Capt Hardy Smith House blog with updates in the interior renovation progress. I look forward to when I don't have to go the laundry mat anymore. My washer and dryer are sitting in another room waiting to be used which will happen soon. I also look forward to when we have a working kitchen with a DISHWASHER!.

On my way to the laundry mat today, I thought I would take a short cut and ended up on a dead end street. So I turned around in someone's driveway and figured my way out. Unexpectedly, I got to see another part of Dublin I have not seen before. I got lost! Dublin is a nice little town. The homes well taken care of with alot of charm to them. Nice size yards with privacy which you don't find much of anymore in this day and age. I have been revising and adding stuff to my blog to day..I am catching on to this stuff. Even my boyfriend is impressed.

He started painting the hallway today. It is a beautiful and sunny yellow color. The previous occupants of the HSH painted the upstairs hallway a similar color when John uncovered the color while scraping. Amazing. Check out HSH blog at the end of my main page for updates.

Another uneventful day has come to a close. John is watching tv and relaxing in the overstuffed chair. Not a sound to be heard anyway near the house and we are in downtown Dublin! This is a daily occurance. No one bothers us. When people leave work for the day, downtown shuts down quickly. Rush hour in Dublin? What's that? It does not last long, maybe an hour. I have not timed it. How refreshing to move to a town where it does not take what it seems forever to get home after work everyday. The beauty of country living. We experience peace and QUIET  not to mention how nice the people are here. Most of the people here are native southerners. So I am experiencing what southern hospitality is really like.

I forgot to mention, for my birthday yesterday, my boyfriend John got me a pecan tree picker upper. Judging by the picture, it looks like a hamster running basket on a stick:


For those non native southerners, a pecan picker upper by any other name is not the same or is it? Judge for yourself by looking at this picture. I asked my native southern boyfriend what you call it and he had no idea..hummmmm..Born and raised in the south eh John? :) My very own! I am so excited!.Well the day is over and time to retire for the night. Until my next blog entry. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers of: My Life in Dublin, GA USA