Search My Blog

12/19/09

HSH Renovation Update

Another rainy, cold day in Dublin. Got out and ran errands. Just driving around town in the rain, alot of ponding on roads and yards. The ground is so saturated with rain from previous weather events that I did not even go and see what our ‘underground pool’ in the back part of the house looks like. The rain was resistant today, so pumping out the water would just re-accumulate. We had to endure two weekends of cold weather before the heating and air installation were complete. Now, that we have central heat, we are very comfortable and happy at the Capt. Hardy Smith house.


We went out for some pasta at Johnny's New York Pizza. The restaurant walls had familar poster pictures of ‘Gone With The Wind’ and ‘The Wizard Of Oz’. Please note:  'Gone With The Wind' and 'Wizard Of Oz' pictures on this page may have copyright protection and are for your enjoyment in viewing on this blog only. We finally found a place where I can get my pasta fix in Dublin. I was having pasta withdraw since moving here in April. The service and food were excellent. Since we don’t have a working kitchen yet, we go out alot for our meals.

Tomorrow, the stairs for the storage in the back part of the house will be built. A competing home improvement store will secure the last part our of lighting needs. That competing store is not located in Dublin. Once we secure the purchase of the last of our lighting/ceiling fan fixtures, the electrician can install all the fixtures we have in the next few days. The Capt. Hardy Smith House will really light up. I am so excited. What a transformation this house is undergoing. Once we get to a point where the house is ready to welcome visitors, a Open House will be announced. Thank you in advance for your patience.

We went to the local ‘Piggly Wiggly’ store tonight. I remember ‘Piggly Wiggly’ from the 70s. When I first moved to Dublin, I told John, I got to buy a ‘Piggly Wiggly’ t-shirt. I liked my first t-shirt so much I had to buy another one. I plan to turn heads by wearing it where people never heard of it. A great conversation starter :) John purchased a 4 bottle pack of ‘Frostie’ rootbeer. I have never heard of it before. Truly unique. A bit of  'yesteryear' is still thriving in this wonderful little town for all generations for enjoy. 

One more thing, I was in a northern suburb of Atlanta a couple of weeks ago to take care of some lingering business from when I moved down to Dublin in April. Anyway, as I was driving along, I did a double take of a car parked at some artsy craft place that was going out of business, I believe. I have actually been in there before and they had pretty cool stuff. If you were driving down the road, this car would probably lure you into inattention and cause accident or a chain reaction pileup. Check out these pictures. I don't think I would want to be behind this car on the house due to flying debris coming from all directions like projectiles.


It is getting late and time to retire. Thanks for reading my blog today. Continue to visit for what I am up and with the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers of: My Life in Dublin, GA USA