Search My Blog

11/8/09

Beautiful Day in Dublin


What a beautiful day here in Dublin. Get out the suntan lotion! Don't mean to rub it in to my northern friends, (no pun intended), but I am in shorts and t-shirt just soaking up the sun! I may even work up a sweat on the tennis court today. It is 77 degrees but it feels like 78. The picture to the left is the First Methodist Church that I see every morning when I look out my window, as a reminder to remain hopeful each and every day. The movers and shakers of Dublin go this church. So far today, I have picked up over 30 pecans off our pecan trees. It is fun! Check out the pecans we have so far. Just in this box, it is about 5 lbs worth. We have about 3 lbs more in two other paper bags. John is going to build a contraption to shake the leaves so the nuts will fall to the ground so we get them and not the squirrels. They have eaten alot of our pecans so far this season. Annoying! He just went to play practice for 'The Nutcracker'.
Max and Lady (our dogs) were playing freely in the breezeway this morning. Max is the young, bulldozer and Lady is the dainty, old lady. She can hold her own against Max and sets boundaries so he knows NOW finally. Look how Max, submits to her and he is twice her size! Max escaped twice (before 1pm) to run around with Lady in the yard because he saw her do it and wanted to join in the fun. Bad dog! People were leaving from church so he likes to chase cars. (Not a good habit). Luckily, the people around here are careful and know Max and slow down so he can get out of the way. Now, I am cleaning the masterbedroom. Once John returns from play practice, off to go purchase ceiling fans for the upstairs bedrooms. I feel good today. I made a new bed for my dog, Lady. I put my old 6" memory foam in where the junk stuffing was in her old bed and zipped it back up. She loves it. Interesting, I saw on tv last night, someone trying to sell a memory foam bed for dogs. The 6" memory foam I had used to be on my queen bed and got ripped apart during the move from Atlanta, so I decided to save it and make a bed out of it for the dogs. They both love it. My favorite picture of them. Watching out for us :) Good Dogs :) Keep checking my blog for updates on the house and what I am doing in Dublin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers of: My Life in Dublin, GA USA