Search My Blog

5/5/10

Weed picking day at the Hardy Smith House

Another beautiful, sunny and warm day in Dublin. Ella Smith's 4 huge rose bushes are at peak bloom right now. I harvested a few for myself and put in a vase in the master bedroom to enjoy for a few days. Roses you buy these days don't have many thorns on the stems or none at all.  Ella Smith's are lethal. They are sharp and they are numerous. They smell fragrant too. Imagine, these rose bushes are over 100 years old and many generations before and after will be able to awe in these amazingly beautiful flowers. Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there! A little love from the Capt Hardy Smith house to your house!

I am about to go out into the yard and pick weeds before the grass seed and fertilizer go down. The magnolia leaves are falling so we have to rake those up before planting also. So without further ado, I must get busy. Just a short note for today. Oh and Happy Cinco De Mayo too! Enjoy the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers of: My Life in Dublin, GA USA