Search My Blog

3/31/10

First Warm Day of 2010 in Dublin, GA


 It is sunny and very warm with a pleasant breeze here in Dublin today.  The temperature reached 81 degrees, according to my temperature gauge. The remainder of this week, sunny and in the mid to upper 80s. Yippie! It is about time! John is working in the 'basement', the sub-level dirt floor room in the back part of the house. He is pumping out the 2-3' of dirt/mud and plans to use it to fertilize the yard. He has about 1/3 of the dirt/mud pumped out. He will be getting to a section of the room where he thinks he will find not only more river rocks and bricks but other interesting finds from years gone by. He is like on a archaeological dig, playing Indiana Jones. He found an old toothbrush today. I have not gone down in there. I don't mind getting dirty, but not muddy. I will save that for the yard work I will be doing.


Speaking of yard work, the white lilacs are in full bloom and a few of our yellow daffodils. I plan to plant some Texas Blue Bonnets shortly. John will be getting a tiller to tear up the yard so grass can be planted. The red tip stumps on the side yard will be removed and the holes filled in. So once tax season is over, we will be taking a short vacation and return to work on house and yard.  Middle Georgia Heating and Air came out to change out our heating and air filter for the first time since we had the unit installed last fall.



Last night I played tennis at the newly resurfaced tennis courts in Stubbs Park. The new courts were also complete with new nets and windscreens. Once lighting upgrades are done, the courts will be perfect. Now,  I don't fear for when I might fall into a cavernous crack when I stretch to hit a ball anymore.

That is all for now. Get ready for another active season at the Hardy Smith House. Keep checking my blog for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers of: My Life in Dublin, GA USA