Search My Blog

2/16/10

Evening at SajeWinds Plantation and dinner at Fritters

Today, I painted the inside of the linen closet. Yesterday, I painted the outside, with the exception of the blue trim, which I will complete tomorrow. John will correct/perfect the 'boo boo's' and the paint the tan rope trim. I am anxious to complete the bathroom.  Most of the accessorizing is done with the exception of the area near the claw bathroom. Pictures are forthcoming.

On sunday, Feb 14th, Valentines Day, John and I visited SajeWinds Plantation, an equestrian bed and breakfast located in Montrose, GA, about 20 miles NE of Dublin. We dined inside the house at 'Fritters', a southern style comfort foods eatery for dinner. Before dinner, we took a short horse drawn carriage ride. The house was built in 1842 and is home to the Gypsy Vanner Horses. 'Jackson', the grey gypsey vanner horse pulled the carriage. He was very laid back and personable. His buddy, 'Adrian', the beautiful black gypsey vanner, was out in the pasture, enjoying his 'time off' and came to me when I called him. He had a beautiful mane and flowing long black tail. The plantation had a miniature horse and donkey.



Not much else has happened at the Capt Hardy Smith house since the snowstorm Friday. Keep checking back for any new developments. Some pictures for your enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers of: My Life in Dublin, GA USA